813 LONG BEACH BOULEVARD
SURF CITY, NJ 08008
Hours of operation
Monday through Friday
9 AM until 4:30 PM
Office of the Municipal Clerk & Administrator
Finance Department for Tax & Water Billing
Tuesday & Thursday 9 AM until 12 PM
Searchable version of the Borough Code & General Ordinances, here.
To learn more about how to conduct business with Borough Hall during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Save the Trip page.
If you mail in or drop off your ballot at a designated box ballot box before Election Day, your ballot will be counted in the Election Day totals. If you vote on Election Day, your vote will be tallied at a later time in the final count.
You are encouraged to contact your local Municipal Clerk’s office if you have any questions about voting. While the general offices are closed on Election Day, the Borough Clerk is available on Election Day from 6:00 am until 8:00 pm by calling (609)494-3064.
Are you registered to vote? You can find out by clicking check the link below and filling out the required information.
In-person voting will be by provisional ballot only. Machines are available only to those individuals unable to vote by paper ballot due to a disability. The Executive Order requires anyone using the machine for this purpose to complete an affidavit certifying that they are unable to vote by paper. The poll worker assisting is required to contact the Board of Elections to confirm eligibility.
*** If you have not received your mail in ballot, please contact the Ocean County Clerk’s office at (609)597-1500. ***
1. Mail in ballots may be dropped off now at the Surf City Branch of the Ocean County Library at 217 S. Central Avenue. Ballots are collected each night and processed accordingly.
2. Mail in ballots may also be dropped off at your assigned polling place on Election Day. You will be asked to sign the “Certificate of In-Person Voter Delivering Their Vote-by-Mail Ballot” form.
3. You can vote by provisional ballot in-person, now until Election Day, at the Board of Elections located at 129 Hooper Avenue.
4. If your signature on your Mail-in Ballot does not match the signature on file with the Board of Elections, they will send you a form for you to complete and send back immediately. The form is going to require you to supply your Driver’s License number and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
5. The Asbury Park Press released an instructional video on how to fill out your mail-in ballot, please click the link for more information.
APP VIDEO MAIL IN BALLOTS
Are You Registered to Vote?
Visit the Surf City Police Department site, here.
Visit the Surf City Vol. Fire Co. No. 1 & EMS, here.
Please excuse our page as we make some upgrades.