Surf City Municipal Court
813 Long Beach Blvd, Surf City NJ 08008
Office hours 9:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
Honorable Judge: Damian G. Murray
Court Administrator: Tracey Figueiras
**Due to COVID- 19 all Municipal Court sessions will remain virtual until further notice. If you have a pending matter scheduled for an upcoming court date or a matter that you would like to schedule, please contact the court at (609) 494-3984 to provide your email address & current phone number.**
2021 COURT DATES @ 1:30 PM
January 6 February 3 March 3 April 7 May 5 June 2 July 7 August 4 September 1
Surf City Municipal court is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom Meeting.
Join Zoom: Monthly Court Registration
Having trouble with Zoom? If you are scheduled please contact the court for the dial in by phone number
Prior to your court appearance
* You are required to watch the “Official Municipal Court Statement” prior to entering virtual court by clicking on the link below;
* By entering the virtual session you are certifying that you have watched the opening statement.
How to join Zoom?
* A microphone & live camera feed are required
* PC/Mac laptop/desktop – will require a browser which will run the zoom meeting.
* Smart phones – download Zoom Cloud Meeting app & allow access to your camera & microphone
* Dial in – dial into the session & appear by phone. Press *9 during the conference call, it will raise your hand if you called on for attendance.
Online Municipal Court Resolution
* The state has launched a new program for certain traffic violations. If you wish to dispute your case without having to appear in court (virtual or in-person), visit www.njmcdirect.com. Please note you will need a copy of the ticket. Once you are on the state website, click on traffic ticket, enter the ticket information and click search. The ticket information will open up, if the violation is an eligible offense it will give you 2 options; 1) Pay ticket 2) Select Dispute Case. Click on Dispute case and follow the instructions. Once submitted please remember to check your email daily, as you will have 5 days to respond once the prosecutor responds.
Keys to a successful Virtual Zoom Meeting
* Set up in a closed room with no other voices or people
* Connect to the meeting using your legal first & last name
* Make sure you allow access for both audio & visual display
* If having problems; Sign in about 30 minutes early & someone will be able to help test your equipment
Talk to the Prosecutor prior to court
* You are required to discuss your case with the prosecutor prior to your scheduled court date. Please contact the Surf City Municipal Prosecutor; Brian Wilkie @ (732) 349-1600
* During court you will also be able to speak with the Prosecutor once you are admitted to the virtual court session. Please be patient, the Prosecutor will need to speak with everyone scheduled. After you speak with the Prosecutor in a break room privately, you will then be admitted back into the virtual session to speak with the Judge.
What do I do after my court appearance?
* Once your payment options have been discussed with the Judge and if/when you are given fines in Municipal Court, we will set a Time Payment Order and forward the order to your current residence.
How do I pay my fines?
* You may pay online through njmcdirect.com
* You may pay at the Municipal Court payment window or by mail.
* Please remember we
only accept Cash or Check
* As per AOC rules, audio and video recording of the proceedings are strictly prohibited both in-person and virtual. If you would like a copy of the proceedings, you can fill out a judiciary request form, which can be found at
- If you wish to be represented by the public defender, you must complete the above application and submit it to the court. In order to be eligible, you must be charged with a consequence of magnitude and your income must fall within the guidelines established. The Judge may require you to submit proof of your income. If approved there will be a fee assessed not to exceed $200.
The Municipal Court accepts for filing all complaints. In order to sign a complaint for an offense that occurred within the jurisdiction of Surf City Borough. You need to come into the court office between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Please note we do not take complaints on court dates. You should have the following information with you:
- Name and address of person whom you wish to sign against
- Time and date of offense
- Statute number which relates to the offense
- License plate number and description of motor vehicle if you wish to sign a traffic summons
- A brief description of the incident