Prior to your court appearance
*You are required to watch the “Official Municipal Court Statement” prior to entering virtual court by clicking on the link below;
*By entering the virtual session you are certifying that you have watched the opening statement.
How to join Zoom?
* A microphone & live camera feed are required
* PC/Mac laptop/desktop – will require a browser which will run the zoom meeting.
* Smart phones – download Zoom Cloud Meeting app & allow access to your camera & microphone
* Dial in – dial into the session & appear by phone. Press *9 during the conference call, it will raise your hand if you called on for attendance.
Keys to a successful Virtual Zoom Meeting!
* Set up in a closed room with no other voices or people
* Connect to the meeting using your real first & last name
* Make sure you allowed access for both audio & visual display
* If having problems; Sign in about 30 minutes early & someone will be able to help test your equipment
Talk to the Prosecutor prior to court
*You are required to discuss your case with the prosecutor prior to your schedule court date. Please the Surf City Municipal Prosecutor; Brian Wilkie @ (732) 349-1600
*During court you will also be able to speak with the Prosecutor once you are admitted to the virtual court session. Please be patient, the Prosecutor will need to speak with everyone scheduled. After you speak with the Prosecutor in a break room privately, you will then be admitted back into the virtual session to speak with the Judge.
What do I do after my court appearance?
* Once your payment options have been discussed with the Judge & were given fines in Municipal Court, we will set a Time Payment Order & forward the order to your current residence.
How do I pay my fines?
You may pay online through njmcdirect.com
You may pay at the Municipal Court payment window or by mail.
*Please remember we
only accept Cash or Check
* As per AOC rules, audio and video recording of the proceedings are strictly prohibited both in-person and virtual. If you would like a copy of the proceedings, you can fill out a judiciary request form, which can be found at