Judge James A. Liquori
Constance Motter, Court Administrator
Municipal Court Dates 2020
January 7, 2020 @ 10:00 am
February 4, 2020 @ 10:00 am
March 3, 2020 @ 10:00 am
April 7, 2020 @ 10:00 am
May 5, 2020 @ 10:00 am
June 16, 2020 @ 10:00 am
July 7, 2020 @ 10:00 am
August 4, 2020 @ 10:00 am
September 1, 2020 @ 10:00 am
October 6, 2020 @ 10:00 am
November 17, 2020 @ 10:00 am
December 1, 2020 @ 10:00 am
Municipal court sessions will remain virtual until further notice. If you have a pending matter that you would like to schedule, please contact the court at (609)494-3984 to provide your email address and phone number.
PLEASE FULLY READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO JOIN THE VIRTUAL COURT SESSION.
Prior to your court appearance: You are required to watch the “Official Municipal Court Statement” prior to entering virtual court by clicking on the link to the right below COURT SESSION INFORMATION. You can watch this at any time. The Judge will ask you if you have done so. By joining the virtual court session you are certifying that you have watched the opening statement. Once you have watched the Opening Statement you may enter virtual court by clicking on the zoom meeting link listed in Court Session Information. You are required to discuss your case with the prosecutor prior to the scheduled court date, please call Surf City Municipal Prosecutor Brian Wilke (732)349-1600.
There are multiple ways of joining your virtual court session, each with different requirements.
* PC/Mac Laptop or desktop – will require a browser which will run Zoom Meeting as needed. A microphone and video camera are required.
* Smart Phone – install the Zoom Cloud Meetings app & allow access to you camera and microphone.
* Call in – You can dial into the proceeding and appear by phone. Dialing *9 during the conference call will raise your hand if your called on for attendance.
Keys to a successful Zoom Virtual Court Appearance
* Set up in a closed room with no voice or other people.
* Connect to the meeting using your real first and last name on the display.
* Be sure to allow any connections to audio or video by Zoom.
* If you are not successful with video, be prepared to call in to the phone number listed with the Zoom meeting information. This number is listed below. It will change from meeting to meeting.
* If you show up 30 minutes early, someone will be available to test prior to your appearance.
What to do after your court appearance
* The Judge will discuss with you your payment options. If you were given fines in the Municipal Court. We will set a Time Payment Order and will forward that Order to you. You may log onto www.njmcdirect.com to make your payments.
* As per AOC rules, audio and video recording of the proceedings are strictly prohibited. If you request form which can be found at New Jersey Courts Online.
Surf City Municipal Court s located at 813 Long Beach Boulevard at the municipal building.
Office hours are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
COURT SESSION INFORMATION