Are you Prepared?
Surf City is located in the 100 year floodplain and entirely located in what FEMA labeled a Special Flood Hazard Area. If you are buying a property, visiting for a vacation, or a seasoned Surf City resident, please always check in for the most up to date information regarding emergency preparedness and hazard mitigation.
- Special Flood Hazard Areas, is your property subject to flooding?
- Ask Before You Buy-Know Your Flood Risk
- Preliminary Base Flood Elevation maps
- Please come in to talk to the Surf City Floodplain Administrator or call (609)494-6448 for more information on your hazard.
- Do not walk through flooded waters.
- Turn around, don’t drown.
- Do not drive through a flooded area.
- Stay away from power lines & electrical wires.
- Insure your property for your flood hazard – available to renters and property owners.
- To find out more about Flood Insurance please contact any licensed insurance agent. Don’t wait for the next flood – there is a 30 day waiting period for coverage to take effect.
- Answers to Questions about the National Flood Insurance Program
- Always check with the Building Department before you build on, alter, degrade or fill on your property.
- Funding Sources for Repetitive Loss
- Illegal building or filling should reported to the Building Department (609)494-6448.
Protect the natural functions of the floodplain
- Don’t pour oil, grease, pesticides, or other pollutants down storm drains or into ditches or streams.
- Other ways to protect your flood plain resources – click here.
protect your property from flooding
- Talk to us about protecting your home or business.
- Above the Flood: Elevating your Flood Prone House
- Protecting Building Utility Systems from Flood