Are you Prepared?
Surf City is located in the 100-year floodplain and entirely located in what FEMA labeled a Special Flood Hazard Area. If you are buying a property, visiting for a vacation, or a seasoned Surf City resident, please always check in for the most up to date information regarding emergency preparedness and hazard mitigation.
The Office of the Municipal Clerk maintains elevation certificates submitted to the Borough. Call to inquire if a property you are interested in has one on file (609)494-3064.
- Special Flood Hazard Areas, is your property subject to flooding?
- Ask Before You Buy-Know Your Flood Risk
- Preliminary Base Flood Elevation maps
- Please come in to talk to the Surf City Floodplain Administrator or call (609)494-6448 for more information on your hazard.
- Ocean at your Door: New Homes & the Rising Sea
- Do not walk through flooded waters.
- Turn around, don’t drown.
- Do not drive through a flooded area.
- Stay away from power lines & electrical wires.
- Ensure your property for your flood hazard – available to renters and property owners.
- To find out more about Flood Insurance please contact any licensed insurance agent. Don’t wait for the next flood – there is a 30 day waiting period for coverage to take effect.
- Answers to Questions about the National Flood Insurance Program
- Always check with the Building Department before you build on, alter, degrade or fill on your property.
- Funding Sources for Repetitive Loss
- Illegal building or filling should be reported to the Building Department (609)494-6448.
Protect the natural functions of the floodplain
- Don’t pour oil, grease, pesticides, or other pollutants down storm drains or into ditches or streams.
- Other ways to protect your flood plain resources – click here.
protect your property from flooding
- Talk to us about protecting your home or business.
- Above the Flood: Elevating your Flood Prone House
- Protecting Building Utility Systems from Flood